Cold Laser Therapy aka Low Level Laser Therapy is fast becoming the preferred go to method for treating ARTHRITIS. Read on to learn WHY?
The Scalar Wave Laser is FDA Cleared for Arthritis, Pain, Inflammation and Increasing Blood Circulation with OTC or Over the Counter Clearance. Continue reading to learn why Cold Laser Therapy is the preferred drug free therapy treatment method for treating all forms of Arthritis and Inflammatory Conditions without drugs or surgery.
Arthritis - (the word itis means inflammation)
"The arthritides (osteo and rheumatoid forms) have been a popular target disorder for researchers in the last decade of cold laser investigations. The results of several well designed randomized clinical trials have given clinicians good reason to be encouraged with this form of treatment. Cellular research has provided some possible mechanisms of action for these positive results including laser mediated increases in cellular proliferation, enhanced collagen synthesis, conversion of fibroblasts into myofibroblasts, increased osteoeblastic activity, reduced inflammatory markers, increased lymphocyte response and stimulation of the electron transport system leading to enhanced ATP production."
“These putative mechanisms help explain the impressive results that laser therapy research has had to date in the area of wound healing. With the use of larger diameter cluster emitting beams of mixed wavelengths, clinicians can efficiently treat large wounds in short periods of time. Brosseau et al conducted a systematic review of the available literature examining the relationship between low level laser and arthritis in 2000. They applied an a priori protocol according to methods recommended by the Cochrane Collaboration. Their conclusions were that low level laser therapy (LLLT) should be considered for short term relief of pain in morning stiffness in rheumatoid arthritis…"
“The general consensus among clinicians using LLLT for conditions having an inflammatory component is that significant benefits can be accrued by those patients treated with cold laser. There have been some very promising clinical trials involving cold laser in both knee and cervical spine osteoarthritis as well."
Cold Laser delivers powerful Anti-Inflammatory effects:
• Enhances proliferation of immune cells (enhancement of immune response, increase of Sodium Potassium (NK) cell activity etc.
• Enhances lymphatic activity (drainage)
• Improves microcirculation (vasodilation)
• Reduces swelling (oedema & haematoma resorption)
• Reduces infarct zone size in heart & brain
• Reduces mucositis after irradiation & chemotherapy
• Postoperative wound healing- Herpes simplex & zoster
• Decubitus, elephantiasis
• Ulcus cruris, diabetic foot
• Postoperative lymphoedema
Cold Laser Delivers Analgesic Pain Relieving Effects:
• Induces B-endorphin release
• Increases ATP production
• Increases the measurable potential on nerve cell membranes
• Relaxation of muscle tension and increase of pressure pain threshold
• Reduction of trigger activity (i.e. Myofacial pain and Fibromyalgia)
• Acupuncture and auricular point activation
• Tendonitis, osteoarthritis, synovitis
• Soft tissue injuries
• Fractures, overstrained injuries (Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, tennis elbow etc.)
• Frozen shoulder, tension in neck, tension headache, lumbago
• Needle replacement
Cold Laser is Profoundly Regenerative:
• Stimulates the rate of mitosis in repair mechanisms (bone, epithelial and muscle tissue
• Enhances peripheral nerve regeneration after injury
• Reduces degenerative process on central nervous system
• Enhances survival of brain cells after transient ischemia
• Accelerates neo-vascularization (neo-angiogenesis)
• Reduces or eliminates scar tissue formation
• Increases collagen synthesis (fibroblast proliferation, tensile strength and elasticity increase)
• Wound healing, bone repair
• Tissue repair
• Facial paresis
• Stroke rehabilitation
• Inner Ear problems
• Wound healing
• Wound healing, post injury
• Wound management
• Post operative